The theme for this first international conference in July 2019 organized by AACE India Section and hosted by IIT Delhi and IIT Madras (co-host) is COST MANAGEMENT AND PROJECT CONTROL.
The conference invites original and good quality papers in all areas of project and cost management. This implies papers can be submitted along any dimension - theory (research concepts), practice (case studies), or software (new tools/techniques) in the area of cost and project management. Some example topics same as AACE International conference are listed for reference:
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Claims and Dispute Resolution
- Forensic Schedule Analysis
- Labour Productivity Analysis
- Cost and Schedule Control
- Variance Analysis and Reporting
- Application of CPM in Delay Analysis
- Developing Management summary schedules
- Developing the Project Controls Plan
- Prospective Time Impact Analysis in Construction Projects
- Constructability Analysis and Value Engineering
- Estimating Applications
- Parametric Estimate modelling
- Earned Value Management
- Global Projects Management
- IT (Information Technology) in Project Management
- IM (Information Management) in Project Management
- Owner Issues
- Economic investment Analysis
- Decision and Risk management
- Risk Analysis and Contingency Determination
- Skills and Knowledge of Cost Engineering
- Total Cost Management
The list of topics is only a guideline and the technical committee definitely welcome papers in any topic under the broad umbrella of project management and close to those listed above.
| Call for Papers
||1st February 2019
| Last date for submission of Paper
||30th April 2019
| Notification of decision to authors
||15th May 2019
| Camera- ready paper submission for proceedings
||31st May 2019
| Author registration deadline for inclusion in the proceedings
||31st May 2019
| Last date for receiving presentations from authors (optional)
||30th June 2019
The authors may please note the deadline and strictly adhere to it. Extension of time may not be possible.
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed. Hence, the authors are required to submit their original papers without listing their name, credentials, institutional affiliation, etc. in the content of the paper. As soon as the paper is submitted to the conference committee, an acknowledgement email will be sent to the author with a reference number. This reference number should be used by the authors for any communication thereafter. The authors of accepted papers can complete their details at the time of camera-ready submissions only.
There are 3 modes of paper presentation in this conference. Interested authors can submit either full-length papers (4 to 6 pages) or extended abstracts (1½ to 2 pages) to share their findings with the attendees. All paper submissions will go through the peer-review process and will be ranked on a scale of 1 to 10. The ranking is a combination of originality of topic, quality of technical writing, quality of data documented, innovation and complexity in the content, observations/findings, etc. which will be updated soon in the website. All accepted full-length papers or extended abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings.
1. Full paper accepted (podium presentation)
Full-length papers that have scored a total of 10 will be accepted for presentation in the same form. Papers that have scored 9-7 will be accepted with minor revisions. All papers that have scored 7 till 10 will have a 10-min podium presentation. These authors may have to submit their presentations to the conference committee by 30th June to avoid mishaps with opening of files. Updates on presentations will follow shortly.
Note: Also, full-length papers that have scored 9 or 10 will be short-listed for special issues in select journals. Updates will come soon!! These authors may have to extend their work by 30% or more as advised by the review committee at the time of journal submissions.
2. Full paper accepted (poster presentation)
Full-length papers that have scored a total of 6-4 will be accepted with major revisions. Also, these papers will be presented as posters.
3. Abstract accepted (poster presentation)
Full-length papers that have total score of less than 4 will be accepted for abstracts. These authors have to cut short their full-length paper as extended abstracts. Additionally, if any author does not have sufficient material to write a full-length paper can also submit directly an extended abstract.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR AUTHORS
- Language of Submission – Papers/Abstracts can be submitted in English only. The authors should submit their manuscripts in pdf file only.
- Submission procedure – There is no online upload of the paper. When the potential authors are ready with the complete paper, the same can be forwarded to email@example.com
- Corresponding Author – The corresponding author has to give the complete affiliation and contact details only in the email for future correspondence. It is the responsibility of the corresponding author to disseminate the conference communication to the co-authors.
- Key Words – Authors of any submission have to identify minimum 5 keywords which will enable us to choose the reviewers and the tracks for presentations.
- Registration – Atleast one author of accepted paper/abstract (category 1 to 3 above) should register by 31st May to enable their full-length papers/extended abstracts to be published in the conference proceedings.
- Maximum registration allowed – Against one registration, an author can present a maximum of 2 papers. If an author is willing to present more than 2 papers/abstracts, additional token amount has to be paid which will be communicated later through email.
- Registration kit – The registration (author/attendee) fee covers conference proceedings, participation in the conference sessions, lunch and tea breaks only.
- Copyright Transfer agreement – Will be updated soon
- Cancellation & No-Show Policy – Please note there is no refund of registration fees for cancellations.